Represent Your chess site: Me Against World!

For discussion pertaining to Chess, Net-Chess, or general interests.
meagainstworld

Represent Your chess site: Me Against World!

Post by meagainstworld » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:43 pm

Hello all chessfriends! I invite you to participate in my little experiment. I have had bit of a hard time to decide where to play chess, and against whom, so I came up with this idea..I will let people to choose who want to play against me =) Yes, and for that reason, I made my blog to give it chance. Also this way, I can perhaps see which chessplace in the net is the most active and friendly one! So, in a nutshell, if you want to join my game! :

1. Please visit my blog www.meagainstworld.blogspot.com (made just for this purpose, so no add ok! ;)), and see the current situation of the game, and if you wish, send me an email to meagwo@gmail.com containing your move and also hopefully, which site you are from.

2. That´s it! Your move is counted, and after Ive got enough of all of your moves (not sure how many I will get or what number is enough!), I will make a move for You, the one that got most votes of you all! Also, after every move, I will provide some stats about received moves, and from where did I get them!

3. Then it´s my move again! I will post my next move to my blog, when I´m ready. Sooner than later. Your turn again!

4. This goes on, until the game is over!

Some remarks. Please, let the move(s) you send me, be Your own moves. Not your computer´s, or from anyone else. Thus, discussion about the game or commenting it somewhere, or to me, is not preferred. That would affect the game, which we don´t want, right! With each move, you need to only email me your move, that´s all! With first move, I would like to get info from which site did you participate! And why email, you may ask? Well, first of all, you may continue just playing on your site. But, if you want to take part of this experiment and represent your site, emailing me your moves is simply the only way I can make sure I get authentic moves, and not flawed results. Also, please use PGN, so moves are clear, just your next move will do! If there would be tie in voting, I would simply choose move from person that sent me the most votes during whole game, and then, the move that came first.

Thank you all for taking part! And keep your chess site`s flag high! I will look forward to play at some point, after all, if I get most moves (and/or friendliest feedback) from there..Good game =) P.S. If you got ANY questions, just mail me. All activity from me concerning the game, will happen mainly in my blog.

langelli

Gee, thanks!

Post by langelli » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:31 pm

Are you for real? It is you that has to prove yourself to us, not us to you. Why do you want us to jump thru hoops just to play a game of chess? This is the best chess site out there, and there are lots of good people to play with here. I hope you come down to earth and figure that out. :roll:

meagainstworld

Well.

Post by meagainstworld » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:50 pm

Yes, I am for real. But I don´t really think I have to prove anything, or this site or any for that matter. This seems to be nice site for me. I think you might have missed my point, which is to have fun playing chess with/against different people. It may feel egoistic for sure, but you cannot play chess without yourself then, can you. This suggestion is for all that are interested, no-one has to do anything. So keep on having fun with chess the way you like it, good games =)

islanderfan

Post by islanderfan » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:08 pm

Be careful on this site, people from Europe don't like people giving there views on things.

marandreo

Post by marandreo » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:49 pm

islanderfan wrote:Be careful on this site, people from Europe don't like people giving there views on things.
Congratulations on your open-minded views, islanderfan!
Marandreo from Old Europe.

P.S. (means Post scriptum, it's Latin, the basis of modern States' laws, ever heard of?): maybe all of us should take part in the game, if we want to include people (and not exclude). And moreover, it's free ad for this wonderful site!

islanderfan

Post by islanderfan » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:03 pm

Opps typo forgot the word SOME!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

mic

people from Europe???

Post by mic » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:08 am

Islanderfan:

I am from europe(Northern Ireland) but grew up in the states...some people are touchy but I have a thick skin...you can call me Euro whatever and it won't bother me one bit...P.S. how did you like that last game we played???? thought your queen was gonna do some damage, eh??? :)

y0ur friend,

Uncle Mic :lol: :lol: :D :D :roll: :!:
enjoyed chess for thirty years...have lots of books and mags but never time to study. Maybe when I retire...chess strength has gone done ratings are unrealistic

mic

people from Europe???

Post by mic » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:09 am

Islanderfan:

I am from europe(Northern Ireland) but grew up in the states...some people are touchy but I have a thick skin...you can call me Euro whatever and it won't bother me one bit...P.S. how did you like that last game we played???? thought your queen was gonna do some damage, eh??? :)

y0ur friend,

Uncle Mic :lol: :lol: :D :D :roll: :!:
enjoyed chess for thirty years...have lots of books and mags but never time to study. Maybe when I retire...chess strength has gone done ratings are unrealistic

islanderfan

Post by islanderfan » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:29 am

I believe every American is from Europe in some way.... Oh and you cheated!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

mic

cheated!!!

Post by mic » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:01 pm

how did you know!! :)

Mic

meagainstworld

Lol.

Post by meagainstworld » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:21 pm

Thanks for warning, but I guess I´ve noticed some people through Internet are quite touchy about things at times. And I would not be as sure that concerns only europeans. We can be friendly people also. ;)

peb

Post by peb » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:24 pm

Be careful on this site, people from Europe don't like people giving there views on things.
...and others get really irked if people say there instead of their

islanderfan

Post by islanderfan » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:04 pm

opps need to look over my english textbook

langelli

Post by langelli » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:52 pm

Your English looks good to me Islanderfan, but what do I kinow? I've never played "the world" in a game of chess. :roll: