Good-Bye To This Fantastic Chess Site !

For discussion pertaining to Chess, Net-Chess, or general interests.
abiodun

Good-Bye To This Fantastic Chess Site !

Post by abiodun » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:49 am

.....................................................Image

Due to these Tough Economic Times that some of us are going through right now ....., and my inability to continue paying our monthly mortgage [due to my lack of a job] ...... Foreclosure is now at my door step, and we have been forced to leave our home of these past 22 years ...... :cry:

Having to shut-down my pc and all internet access within these next 60 days, is a painful thing to have to do ..... :cry: Never did I imagine this would happen to me ..... :oops: .... but life sometimes does this ..... :cry:

I've just now downloaded all of my cherished Net-Chess games for later study purposes [both wins & losses] .... as I ponder now ..... Where to go ..... How will I eat ?? ..... Where will I sleep ..??...

THANKS To All of You ! ..... I've Had a Ball ! ! !
.......................................SALUDOS ! ! !
ImageChess is more than simply my pastime .... It has become My Passion !

iamachessstudent

Post by iamachessstudent » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:19 pm

OMG
I am sorry and wish you NOTHING BUT THE BEST IN THE FUTURE!!

That SO SUCKS that you are forced to leave your home and stop doing the things you love...I will remember you as a great opponent and a Friend!

Best of luck and I will be thinking good for you!!
TAKE GOOD CARE MY FRIEND!!

Joshua :(

cliff

Post by cliff » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:04 am

I'm speechless, Abiodun.

:shock:

You have my sincerest and heartfelt condolences. It disturbs me greatly that so many people have fallen victim to an economic downturn because of the greed of the banks and brokers.

We only played twice but those games will long stand in my memory.
I wish you and your family all the best, and hopefully this is merely a "So Long for now", and not a "Goodbye".

Peace.

- Cliff

redketchuplover

Post by redketchuplover » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:22 am

((((((((((abiodun))))))))))))

marandreo

Post by marandreo » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:49 pm

How come everyone there in the world's richest country just say (really like we do here in Italy, damn!) "OH I'M SORRY" when a chess brother is in dire straits, as Abiodun told us? How come noone thinks he can do something for his chess brother, like finding him a job, or simply thinking about how to give him a chance to restart? Is individualism such a wild beast that makes us blind and deaf? Up in N.Y. state there should be someone near enough that could help him! Or is this perceived as a "breach of privacy"?
Sorry for these words (in broken English), but I can't stand the idea a chess lover is suffering and his boardmates don't even try to do all they can.

islanderfan

Post by islanderfan » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:44 pm

It's different understanding. Not all of us are near him, nor do I now what his situation is. Wish I could help but I have problems of my own I need to deal with.

cliff

Post by cliff » Sat May 08, 2010 10:57 pm

Brian correctly answered Marandreo's question. I'm certain that many of us here would help if we could gladly, but we don't know all the circumstances and I doubt we have the resources to help anyway.

But I would like to ask Abiodun just how etched in stone this is? I hope and pray that since he posted this thread, there have been some improvements in his situation. Could you give us a bit more imformation, Abiodun?

abiodun

Post by abiodun » Wed May 12, 2010 3:34 am

................................Image

Thanks To All My Net-Chess Buddies Here Who Care .... even those who may not have corresponded within this thread, during these tough times I'm going thru right now ! ! !

It seems to somehow Lighten My Load ..... just knowing that Someone Cares ... and I send Special THANKS to Marandreo and Cliff, who asks ........ " But I would like to ask Abiodun just how etched in stone this is?"

Well .... at first, I didn't wish to expose all the details here in such a public forum, but then again ..... I feel like I'm Amongst FRIENDS ! So here I go ..................

Just about 6 or so days ago, we received word from our mortgage bank, that they have agreed to allow us to put the house up for sale ...... which is a positive thing .... meaning ..... at least we'll be able to collect some much needed CASH ..... in order to re-group and move on ! We have even begun scheduling garage sales, to get rid of 22 years worth of "Stuff" [as George Carlin used to call it] ! ! !

OK, enough about that ..... now here's another smack in my face that I have thus far withheld from you guys and this forum.........

Diane, my wife of these past 28 years, has decided to Say Good-Bye !!!!!! Seems like when the money runs out ..... so has she ...... Humph !!!!

And probably not related to these other downfalls ..... My daughter applied to graduate school this past December, and was accepted ..... and left for Melborne, Australia just today ! ! ! She has allready told us that she does not plan on returing to the States !!!!!!!! Another Blow !!!!

Life can sometimes be so difficult , and often painful..... never mind what counter-defense to play against the Benoni ..... ! ! !

However, I seem to remember something I saw on my favorite TV Channel [The History Channel] .... hearing cigar-puffing Sir Winston Churchill reminding those English citizens who were being bombarded ........
Never Give Up ! ! !

I Shall Return ! ! !
ImageChess is more than simply my pastime .... It has become My Passion !

cliff

Post by cliff » Tue May 18, 2010 11:54 pm

Well, my friend, I'm sure I echo the sentiments of all your other friends here, when I say, Best Wishes for this all to work out, and our hearts and thoughts are with you.

When do you think you'll be leaving, Abiodun? And by the way, my email address is cliffdwyer@hotmail.com so please keep in touch. And remember, things always look darkest before the dawn.

:(

arsigen

Post by arsigen » Wed May 19, 2010 7:31 am

Hate to see you go, after that wipe-out first round of NCO 2010, you really should have bee allowed to carry through to the finals ![/url]

arsigen

Post by arsigen » Wed May 19, 2010 7:32 am

Hate to see you go, after that wipe-out first round of NCO 2010, you really should have bee allowed to carry through to the finals ! :?