Fischer Russians Combine back

For discussion pertaining to Chess, Net-Chess, or general interests.
boeien

Fischer Russians Combine back

Post by boeien » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:48 pm

I'm not as good as Fischer. My opponents in the netchess tournament are not russian as far as I know..Bobby complained about a conspiracy against him, being the only player from the USA. That's history. Now I feel something like that. In my group ( 2nd round tournament) all my opponents are moving very fast against me (all my games are in move 45 or more), all the games without me are going very slow ( move 18 till 20 or so, as you can see easily). That feels not good... If I don't move I'll lose on time. If I move, they all 4 hit back immediately and then can see what they have to do in their other games after a week or so. I don't know if they spoke each other about this. Off course you'll say that I simply have to play so good that there"s no problem, but my opponents are too strong to win all my games. It's not fair, and I'll see what to do. I'm tending to leave.Unsportmanslike behaviour.....

jvanmechelen

Re: Fischer Russians Combine back

Post by jvanmechelen » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:15 am

You might have the misfortune to play against one and the same opponent...

irrawang

Post by irrawang » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:26 am

Boeien has one game left and is leading the tournament, although he could be over taken (unlikey).
How would you conspire with opponents as all comments are viewable if you visit opponents games? My Site emails came via Bounce and had to put in the trash, so for me to communicate I'd need a private email address.

boeien

Post by boeien » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:53 pm

@ Jan van Mechelen: that's a possibility which I didn't realize
@ Irrawang: see above, and I must say I never take a look at other games. There are plenty other ways to communicate if want to do.
In general: My tournament is over, three players will have more points than I. So be it. It isn't fair: they all kept on speed- moving against me. Ratings don't say too much about real strength, but it won't surprise me if they all are GM'S! Never met such strong opponents (allthough they have about 2300/2400 here) My ELO was around 2320 in my best days....

irrawang

Post by irrawang » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:04 pm

I must be looking at the wrong tournament boeien, as you are leading in your last remaining tournament and only one player can over take you. Great effort BTW, only one loss and 3 draws.

gmiller
Site Admin

Post by gmiller » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:51 pm

Looking at your two losses, they both went to 60 moves, you started with 75 days and your opponent used about 40 days = 115 days of think time available to you. Or just about 1 move every two days.
Greg Miller

boeien

Post by boeien » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:59 pm

Greg, I didn't want you to take action to be clear. The situation is else imo: they moved against me 60 times in 40 days, and against the other players 20 times in 40 moves. 2 days for one move, in my games 16 hours for one move.

cliff

Post by cliff » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:26 pm

I've never had the pleasure of playing you, Boeien, or your three opponents referred to in this thread, my friend. However, a cursory look at their remaining games gives me the impression that all of their games are pretty close, and have been of the 'take no prisoners' sort. I seriously doubt that there's any type of collusion involved.

You've played a laudable tournament, and while your lead may or may not hold up, you should take pride in your efforts!

On a personal note, I would really like to add that I would dearly LOVE to see an Open played WITHOUT any controversy or vague accusations of cheating or otherwise unsportsman like conduct!

It's been observed by many that the Forum isn't what it used to be, and I fully concur! There is far too much bickering and pettiness now. Like some others, I rarely post here, or even visit the Forum as much, due to this. It's quite sad, really.

Can't we all just enjoy the games, the chats, and each other?

:roll:

irrawang

Post by irrawang » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:52 pm

I've been here for 18 months are haven't seen much bickering in these forums.
Net-chess forums are very reserved compared to those in Chess.com and Chessbomb WCC 13 coverage.
A good example is the recent discussion on cheating, which was quite civilised.
Maybe I need to go back into the archives to find some juicy controversy.