Hello again everyone!

For discussion pertaining to Chess, Net-Chess, or general interests.
cmulligan

Hello again everyone!

Post by cmulligan » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:18 pm

Hi everybody! :) Hope all is well (or as close as possible) for everyone. Not sure exactly how long it's been, but I know it's been too long since I had the chance to play & chat with all you great folks here. Lots of stuff been going on; going through a divorce that's been years in coming, getting messed over at a job I held for years, relocating, finding new work...you know, life. lol Things are starting to take a turn for the better though & I've tried not to let stuff beat me up too much anyway. It was just near impossible for me to focus on my game for a while...as I'm not that great to start with, my play was becoming unacceptably bad (yes, worse than my norm! lol) & un-fun. I did miss you all though, & had a great time playing here until I needed to step away a bit. In many cases the conversations were as much (or more) fun as the games. This just reinforces my belief, that in an internet full of online communities populated with anonymous jerks, this is one of the good ones...communities that is...not group of anonymous jerks...lol.
Chess wise; I'm rusty as hell & haven't cracked a book or played in a while (Horsey moves how?), but getting an invite to the last Zapper, I felt it was time to jump back in the saddle & let my chess badness shine! Not looking to take on too much at once as I'm working a lot & (hopefully) have a new girlfriend to spend some time with, but looking forward to getting back on the board here with you all. Being out of touch for a while, I haven't yet designated anyone to blame for any mistakes or losses I incur. Rest assured that will be dealt with asap though... 8) Hope to see you all soon(not all at once though...). Make sure to follow all my games...as shining examples of how NOT to play! lol Have fun & great chess everyone! :)

redketchuplover

Re: Hello again everyone!

Post by redketchuplover » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:01 am

welcome back aboard young man :mrgreen:

cliff

Post by cliff » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:04 am

Welcome back, Chris!

As you can probably see, the Forum has gotten pretty quiet over the last while.

Not to worry, though! I've posted a challenge and I'll catch you up on everything you've missed!

Good to have you back!

:)

marandreo

Post by marandreo » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:15 pm

Welcome back!
Hope your new girlfriend can play chess! :wink:
Ciao.