ARE YOU A PERFECTIONIST?

For discussion pertaining to Chess, Net-Chess, or general interests.
blackdogs

ARE YOU A PERFECTIONIST?

Post by blackdogs » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:52 pm

I have a slight tendency toward being a perfectionist and of course we all want to make the best or ar least a good move on the board, but in my case perfectionism spells PARAYSIS. I often come to a game and it just looks like a random jungle of pieces, sending my brain go into neutral. So I'll search for a game that doesn't pose such a threat to my limited chess skill or maybe I'll just log off.
If I wanted to fully indulge my perfectionist tendency I'd play far fewer games and but my OCCD (obsessive compulsive chess disorder) won't let me do this. But I can play slower using the clock time to make better moves. True perfectionist don't play a large number of games and they probably enjoy their games a whole lot more .more.

redketchuplover

Re: ARE YOU A PERFECTIONIST?

Post by redketchuplover » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:17 pm

Are you using the notepad feature?

blackdogs

Re: ARE YOU A PERFECTIONIST?

Post by blackdogs » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:25 am

No Red, I seldom use the notepad feature. I've seen a serious CC player fill books with his analysis. I'm not a perfectionist, although I do become somewhat obsessive with my hobbies, whatever they might be. At the moment it's chess, but purely on an entertainment level, in one recent tourney I played all the least popular openings according to ChessTempo DB (but for white only). But I'm sure players with fewer games enjoy their chess more. I doubt that perfectionism helps, chess is always a bit of a gamble.