Japan ...

For discussion pertaining to Chess, Net-Chess, or general interests.
ecperreault
General Forum Grandmaster

Japan ...

Post by ecperreault » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:28 pm

I have no Japanese relatives nor any Japanese friends... I cannot think of any Japanese people by name I know.
However I feel bad for them - the Nation of Japan.
A 9.0 Earthquake & A massive Tsunami; either of which would be a Major disaster!
Yet now to be under the slow destruction of a Nuclear radiation disaster which will put those two disasters out of mind except as the cause for this!
I felt a need to scribble down this poem, though I have never written one before, which came to me as I fell asleep in my warm secure bed...
{-}*{-}*{-}*{-}*{-}*{-}*{-}*{-}*{-}*{-}*{-}*{-}*{-}*{-}*{-}*{-}

Japan... Oh no...

I remember in the 60's when the elders still were very anti-Japanese for WWII,
I remember my first transistor radio - Made In Japan...

I remember the Japanese making it possible for us working people to purchase affordable luxury items,
My first Stereo record player, my old Nikon camera and those funny Honda cars...

I remember the Japanese exploding my senses with all the never-ending futuristic gadgets,
My first Nintendo game system, Walkman, VHS media, Hand-held TVs, CDs, HDTV...

Now, I see a 9.0 Earthquake which was almost instantly forgotten - rendered insignificant,
Replaced by the massive Tsunami which destroyed towns, villages and life equally without favoritism...

Now, I hear of an invisible disaster slowly unfolding which could make even that insignificant,
Could I as yet see the loss of Japan in total; rendered useless for all ages by radioactivity...

My mind whirls, runs, agitates within itself seeking solutions which might help,
But my heart cries silently for Japan straining to stay alive for it has so much more to offer the world.

ECPerreault 3-11