We should have a chess wiki!!!!

For suggestions for new features to add to the site. Even if you don't have a sugestion at least vote on the features important to you.

Should we have a chess wiki?

Yeah!!! That's a great idea
40%
No
60%

Total votes: 5

atomika

We should have a chess wiki!!!!

Post by atomika » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:42 pm

We should have a wiki completely devoted to chess. This wiki can have basic info on various openings, middle game strategies, endgames, historic matches, etc. I notice that there are various wiki's that are springing up that are focused on various topics, so I thought that maybe we should have one for chess.

What do you guy's think?
Last edited by atomika on Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The blunders are all there on the board, waiting to be made."

"I never defeated a healthy opponent."

-- Savielly Tartakower

arsigen

Chess Wiki

Post by arsigen » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:27 am

Hi,
Sounds really nice, but seems like a rather ambitious project, if it should be really interesting.
Firstly, consider the competition from Chess Books and Magazines, of which there are plenty. Secondly, there will have to be a stringent set of subsections, and several authors.
Thirdly there will have to be an able editor, with at least some experience of composing a wiki. Fourthly, there will have to be a new usergroup dedicated to this theme.
If you initiate such a group, I will most surely consider joining up in a serious way.

arsigen

arsigen

Post by arsigen » Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:36 am

Hey Atomika,

I suggest you conduct a poll, to investigate the interest for a chess wiki :shock:

atomika

Post by atomika » Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:56 pm

I will do that! But I'm not sure how to insert a poll in this thread, but I'll try to start another one...
"The blunders are all there on the board, waiting to be made."

"I never defeated a healthy opponent."

-- Savielly Tartakower